The Castle Tandem Fund seeks to achieve long-term capital appreciation by investing in a focused portfolio of securities. Under normal market conditions, the Fund invests primarily in common stocks of large-capitalization companies. The Fund may invest in foreign securities, including American Depositary Receipts (ADRs).
- Large Cap Core
- Tandem invests in dividend-growing companies that they believe are capable of growing earnings regardless of economic circumstances.
- The Fund follows Tandem’s Large Cap Core strategy that they have used for private clients since 1991.
We believe our efforts to produce a low volatility
portfolio reduce emotion and keep investors invested
We employ what we believe is a common sense investment philosophy: Companies capable of growing earnings regardless of economic circumstances are more likely to reward patient shareholders.
To perform well over a complete market cycle, companies should demonstrate:
- Consistent earnings growth through any economic cycle
- Consistent dividend growth as a result of earnings and cash flow growth
- Consistency in and depth of management
- Uniqueness, dominance, technological advantages or barriers to entry
- Willing to be different: We are active managers who run a focused portfolio of stocks and cash. We invest in companies that we believe can grow their earnings, sales and dividends through any economic or market cycle. We have run this strategy since 1991.
- Valuation: Price matters. We seek to make investments at attractive entry points. We utilize a proprietary ratio that helps us identify potential investments and also serves as a valuation measure.
- Dividends: We purchase companies that pay and grow their dividend. We will sell a stock if the company reduces its dividend.
- We buy stocks when they ought to be bought — not because we sold something: Cash is an important byproduct of our discipline. After all, buying low and selling high doesn’t happen at the same time. We hold cash when few buying opportunities present themselves.
The investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of Castle mutual funds must be considered carefully before investing. The prospectus for each Fund contains this and other important information about the investment company, and it may be obtained by calling 1-877-743-7820, or visiting www.castleim.com. Read it carefully before investing.